Why should I change my air filter?
If you have postponed changing the air filter in your unit more than once, you probably do not realize how important it is and why. There are a lot of benefits that come from changing your air filter. Here is a list of just a few:
- Prevent early system failure: A dirty filter restricts airflow and makes the air handler work harder than necessary. Over time, the fan motor could burn out, causing the system to overheat and ultimately fail. A new filter protects the system and helps it run years longer.
- Save energy: A system overworked by blocked airflow consumes more energy. Reduce your home’s energy consumption by changing the filter regularly.
- Lower utility bills: Greater energy consumption causes higher energy bills. The cost of replacing the AC filter partially pays for itself with lower cooling bills.
- Improve air quality: In addition to protecting the AC unit from large dust particles, a filter also traps pollutants that circulate through the system. This leaves you with cleaner indoor air so you can breathe easier.
Now that you know why it is necessary to change your air filter, it’s time to choose the right filter replacement. Choosing a higher efficiency filter helps clean the air better and prevents small particles from landing on sensitive air conditioning equipment.
Want to know what MERV rating is right for you? What does MERV rating mean?
- Need to Replace Your Air Filter? -
Pleated Air Filters
The largest selection of standard and custom size filters for your AC or Furnace, shipped directly to your home. Same quality, same filter, half the price of store-bought brands.
Deep Pleat Filters
Replacement 4, 5 and 6 inch air filters for all major brands, including Air Bear, Carrier, Honeywell and more.